While the PXW-FS7 XDCAM camera comes with internal XAVC and MPEG-2 recording on XQD media you can attach the optional XDCA-FS7 Extension Unit. The box is attachable via a MultiPin connector so there are no hassles about cables. The Extension Unit offers additional I/O connectors like Timecode and Genlock for multi-camera operation or the possibility to use common V-Mount batteries. It also allows RAW data output to record 12-bit RAW footage on the AXS-R5 (in combination with HXR-IFR5), or another third party RAW recorder via the FS RAW Interface. The XDCA-FS7 will encode the video stream into the Apple ProRes 422 codec, which is then recorded on to the internal XQD media.
Sony XDCA Extension Unit
- Enables 12-bit 4K/2K RAW Data Output
- Built-In 1080p ProRes 422 Encoder
- Timecode & Genlock I/O
- Tally Indicator
- V-Mount Battery Attachment
- 4-Pin XLR DC Power Input
- 4-Pin Hirose DC Power Output
- Price reflects 1 day rental fee (call for weekly or monthly rates).